Thehosted by happening this Wednesday, 5 August, will showcase the tremendous growth and rise of DeFi projects over the last year.
According to DeFi tracking website DeFiPrime, there are currentlytackling various DeFi solutions. The total value locked in DeFi is now over USD$ 4 billion with a 227% year-on-year increase in ETH locked in DeFi.
Today, DeFi apps clearly demonstrate value and utility and companies are working on improving the visual demonstration of DeFi to enable mass adoption. The ability to borrow funds, take out loans, deposit funds into a savings account, or trade complex financial products, all that without asking anyone for permission or opening an account anywhere, is quickly gaining traction.
Some of the leading companies in DeFi are participating at the DeFi Conference 2020. These include RadixDLT, Bidao, Wanchain, Aave, MakerDAO, ConsenSys, Chainlink, Incognito Chain, Stasis, StakerDAO, Argent, Zerion, ZCoin, Binance and Celsius Network.
The Premier Sponsors for the event are:, , and .
is onboard as a Partner, as a Diamond Sponsor and Gold Sponsors include , , and .
The Master of Ceremonies is Chris Dawe, Co-Founder and CEO at Effect.AI. Effect.AI builds data processing software on blockchain technology to accelerate automation in business processes.
Keynote Speakers include
Jack Lu is an early adopter of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. He is a pioneer and entrepreneur in the blockchain ecosystem, most known for his current role as Founder and CEO of Wanchain, and previous role as Co-Founder and CTO at Factom. Wanchain is a cross-chain blockchain infrastructure designed to facilitate asset transfers and host dApps for the financial industry.
Artur Schaback is the COO and Co-founder of Paxful, a people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Their mission is to empower the forgotten unbanked and underbanked people, so they have control of their money.
Anna is a motivational speaker, business women, gold and silver investor. Silgonex provides people with an opportunity to enter into the cryptocurrency world by buying physical silver. Their cryptocurrency coin – SIL, is 100% backed by silver they have in their vaults.
Other speakers include
- Stani Kulechov – Founder and CEO of
- Jonas Lamis – Founder and CEO at
- Alex Mashinsky – Founder and CEO of the
- Jérôme de Tychey – Global Head of Clients Success at
- Adelyn Zhou – CMO and Head of Marketing
- Flora Sun – Managing Director of
- Brian Condenanza – CTO of
- Piers Ridyard – CEO of
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO of
- Lex Sokolin – Global Fintech Co-Head at
- Gustav Arentoft – Business Development (Europe, SEA, Africa),
- Miko Matsumura – Co-founder of and General Partner with Gumi Ventures
- Alex Batlin – Founder and CEO of
- On Yavin – Founder and CEO of
- Alex McDougall – Co-founder of
- Richard de Sousa – Founder and CEO of
- Luca Consentino – Product and Go to Market at
- Rebecca Mqamelo- Head of Growth at
- Jorge Sebastiao – CTO, Advisor, Executive Board Member of the (GBA)
- George Samman – Advisor at and
- Andrey Bugaevski – Project Lead at
- Nathaniel Luz – Lead at Nigeria
Read more about the speakersand their topics of discussion .
About Bitcoin Events
are the organizers of the first and longest running blockchain event in Africa, the annual Blockchain Africa Conference, hosted in South Africa since 2015.
Over 2000 attendees from 35 countries and 170 global speakers have been part of Bitcoin Events’ conferences.
For more information on the DeFi Conference 2020 visit our website at email@example.com email us at