Open Forest Protocol
Open Forest Protocol (OFP) is a scalable open platform that allows forest projects of any size, from around world, to Measure, Report, and Verify (MRV) their forestation data.
Pre-Seed Round: $4.1M
IMPORTANT: By investing in this business you agree to ourDisclaimer. All information including our rating, is provided merely for informational purposes. CryptoTotem does not provide investment advice.
What is Open Forest Protocol
Founded by Swiss scientist Frederic Fournier and American web3 specialist Michael Kelly, Open Forest Protocol brings together an international team of passionate and skilled professionals to combine expertise in environment, climate and blockchain.
Open Forest Protocol gives decentralized agency to forest projects of any size to measure, report and verify their forestation data on the Proof of Stake (PoS), climate neutral NEAR blockchain by registering their forest project within OFP's open-access platform. Projects record tree data within the forest using OFP's mobile app and then send the information to be immutably stored in the open, blockchain-based registry.
DetailsRaised: 4,100,000 USD
LegalBlockchain Platform: Near Protocol
Registration country: Switzerland
Registration year: 2020
Office address: Unter Altstadt 28, 6300 Zug Switzerland
Open Forest Protocol Roadmap
- Documentation on the Mechanism Design, NFT Structure, Protocol Architecture, Crypto-Economics.
- Initial outline of potential clients across categories: reforestation and afforestation companies, non-governmental organizations, charities, and environmental organizations, etc.
- Protocol Architecture
- Branding, Core Messaging, and Content Planning of Outreach and Promotional Materials.
- Initial Technical Documentation and planning with the creation of a minimum viable product (MVP) featuring the open-source dashboard and user application Forester.
- Working Forester Dashboard Prototypes and beta testing of the protocol by project operators and validators.
- CProtocol Design and Development of the NFT infrastructure, core validator area.
- Launch of OFP on private test-net, including QA, optimization and auditing of contracts.
- Rounds 1 and 2 of private fundraise.
- Release of developer tools and documentation for building on top of the core protocol.
- Public Token Generation Event of OFP Tokens.
- Launch of Main Network V1.
- Launch of Public Validators.
- Launch of OFP DAO.
- OFP is Open for Developers and Entrepreneurs to Build Solutions On Top of OFP.
- Possible Implementation of the OCCs Standard into the protocol architecture.
- Decentralization of decisions made via transfer from OFF to OFP DAO.
- Development of Open-Source Dashboards for Other Industry Verticals.